Wright Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kemmer, May 26, 2004.

1. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

I went to the my dealer and saw a 48" wright Stander with a 17hp Kawi with recoil/electric start. It looked pretty good. I asked him how much and he said $5900. this sound good? Anybody use the standers? How do you like them? My only concern is falling off the back? But it has the pressure platform so im not really worried. What do ya think?

2. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Theres a guy on this bored...landscapingpoolguy hes got a used Wright Stander 36 in. deck for sale. Hes in New Jersey. You might want to talk with him, its in really excellant condition.

Jeff

3. kemmer

thanks ill try to contact him

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

You only fall off when you hit youself in the head on a beam on deck when mowing under it. Other wise no. I wouldn't have anything else. I love my 52" 17hp kawi, but if i buy more. I am going with the 23 hp kawi models. The 17hp bog down in tall wet grass. They can take a pounding. Try one. You will hate it for the 1st 15 min and love it with in 3 hours. I tell alot of people that. They usally buy them after they used them for a while.

5. kemmer

Thanks for all the info, a couple more questions, whats the average blade speed on a mower? the speed on the 48" stander is 15576 fpm, that good? whats the average cutting speed?

6. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 2 Wright Standers ( 36 " ) and I would not trade them for any 36" walk behind, they can do verything a w/b does and more.