1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wright standers on channel partner discount?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HazellLawnCare, Nov 10, 2006.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I am about to purchase 4 new standers using the new channel partner discount. Is this deal all it is cracked up to be or is it just a way to get the 06 models out of the way?
  2. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Doesn't sound like a bad deal in itself, but just so long as you make the purchase at the right time i suppose. 18% off MSRP isn't too bad considering you could save over $800 at one time of the year over another(only 8% in summer). All in all it sounds alright- it's like peeking into the dealers pricing plan in a way.
  3. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Are the standers just as good as a Hydro WB? It seems like you can get one for about the same price. or am I missing something????????I cant find any info on the speed of them. I was looking at the discount as well and it seems like a great deal. Any one who has used these standers please let me know the pros/cons vs. WB or ZTRs please. thanks in advance.
  4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I bought my first Stander with the CPD......I tried with the second purchase but you can't do a trade in with it....
  5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

4 is just 1 shy of the fleet deal or whatever they call it. If you buy 5 I forget what you get. I would have to check and see if the pricing is better than the CPD.

Only problem with CPD is you have to pay in full during that time frame. We are going through this with a customer that plans to buy 2 from us using this. You pur the 5% down online but you have to pay the balance by the end of that period...basically you take delivery in the middle of winter...

They are definitely good prices...probably the best you will get. I dunno if the fleet deal would be any better. It probably depends what bracket your dealer is buying the machines in. On that plan the dealer must discount a minimum percent off of list...but they can discount more if they are able to swing it.
  6. NTAnnin

NTAnnin LawnSite Member

That is how I bought my Wright mowers last winter and it worked out great. I will be doing the same again this winter.
  7. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

Have you talked to L & L yet? I was there a couple of weeks ago and the salesman was trying to sell me new Standers, he said that that had some type of special going on and this was the cheapest they have been - might be worth looking into.

On another note, I bought mine through the CPD and it worked out fine. I don't like dealing with salesman so it made the whole process easier.
  8. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I was at lawn and leisure on Friday. They think they can work out some kind of fleet deel since I am buying 2 scag z's and the standers. I can't wait to hear what their magic number is.
  9. ccl

ccl LawnSite Member
    from ky

Don't really know alot about these mowers, other than what I've read on their website, they haven't really caught on around here. I was just wondering how they perform as far as cut quality, clipping dispersal and how well they hold a hill compared to a walkbehind or a ZTR rider. Just by looking at them they would seem to be a little top heavy? I do have a dealer locally that used to carry them (only for a year I believe) but dropped them because of a dispute with a company rep. He has an 05' Sentar 23 hp Kaw and 52" deck with 180 hrs that he owns for him self, he priced it to me for $4500 including the remaining warranty, just wondering if that sounds like a decent price for one of these mowers? I could probably get it a little cheaper and could probably demo it for a couple of days, but this isn't really the time of year to test a mower out, would like some feed back from guys who have ran them in varying conditions. Thanks