wright standers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gplank2003, Sep 24, 2006.

1. gplank2003

gplank2003 LawnSite Member

was wondering from u guys that have them how well they do long slopes around 30-35 grade? do they slide a lot?i can use a lazer on these hills but have to always mow long ways. got a scag walk-behind but iv'e got about 4 places in a row just wondering about stander or another walk-behind to speed up the time there. tried a jd stander did not like it at all. are the wright standers a lot different?

2. dlm17

dlm17 LawnSite Member

The Standers Take Some Getting Use To But So Far I Have Not Had A Problem With Any Thing I Was Able To Do With Wb I Dont Even Have A Wb Any More

3. gplank2003

anybody have anyhing about them.

4. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I have used the old style Great Dane which was such a close copy of a wright. Wright took Great Dane to court and had them stop making it and yes the one I used was great on slopes and the best thing is if you lose control of it you can jump off, way safer than a ZTR for that reason in my opinion.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

A guy here in North Carolina was supposed to post some pictures of the stuff he is doing with his. But I haven't seen anything yet. I'll have to dig that back up and ask him.....

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I'll try and find some pics of ours on some hills in here in WV. You should have no problems on 30-35 degree hillsides. I have one commercial account that is all hillside in front, about 320' long by 125' deep that is mowed with no problems. As with any other mower, wet slopes can be problematic, but under normal mowing conditions you should not slide at all.

7. gplank2003

ok thanks that whould be nice.

8. Envy Lawn Service

I was able to dig that up and also ask for some picture examples...

9. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I can use mine on a 40-45 degree angle if the turf is not wet...I love it...would never get a wb...the standers are a time saver!

10. Envy Lawn Service

edit edit edit.............