1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wright standers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by higgs2ca, Jan 18, 2008.

1. higgs2ca

higgs2ca LawnSite Member

Thinking of switch from deers to wright this season but there is no wrights in my area to check out. I am willing to travel to purchase new units but I would like some input from the pros on this site who have experience with these machines. Thanks in advance.:canadaflag:
  2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Witch john deer’s are you running:drinkup:
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

WE run the Sentar Sport in 36" with Kaw and rapid height and like the unit a lot. Wish it was more durable.....in process of putting grease certs on the spindles. Many rotating pivot have to oiled only. The 17HP Kaw had starter go out, head gasket, starter relay. It brake system don't work without a bungy cord. Compared to Scag it is a little lighter weight....we have 800 hours on our unit.
  4. higgs2ca

higgs2ca LawnSite Member

I am running a 757 z and 3 x540 tractors, I like the idea of the sentar stander because of the size and wieght of the machines.
  5. higgs2ca

higgs2ca LawnSite Member

Would you buy these units again?
  6. lawn dogg

lawn dogg LawnSite Member

we run bobcat and wright both give good results wright seems to be a bit more productive can get in tighter places easy to get on and off for picking up trash and limbs used one season all is ok with unit so far
  7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I currently run bobcat but would like to purchase a wright in the near future. I tested out a sentar, and they are great.

8. lawn dogg

lawn dogg LawnSite Member

if you think there great after testing wait till you run for a couple of days , you will probable do like i did and turn the cat over to the employees, there sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
  9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I have a Stander and it's the best mower i have owned..I plane on buying another this season.
  10. NLS1

NLS1 LawnSite Member

I love the 52" stander I have, wouln't trade it for anything(except a new zk stander:clapping:) Best overall machine I have ever used. I will be buying a 36 rh this year too for the littler yards I'm getting.