Wright Velke Mower Specs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JFizzle, May 18, 2007.

1. JFizzle

JFizzle LawnSite Member

I've been thinking a lot about getting a wright velke mower - anytime I mention this, its shot down and someone tells me to go with the stander.

I'm thinking this mower because most of my properties are very contoured with lots of hills and feel like I would have better control with this as opposed to a stander.

I'd also love to hear any feedback on this mower. I've done searches and most everything is about the stander.

I cant seem to find the specs for it on the Wright website. (weight, wheel base etc) Where can I get this info?

2. thebeans

thebeans LawnSite Member
    from SW, VA

Yea their web site pretty much sucks. It is lacking in detail. They are working on a new web site which is supposed to be up and running next sometime next month I think. I sent them an email via their website asking for some info and they wrote back and told me about the new site. They asked for my mailing address to send me a printed catalog. I got it very quickly. I thought that was good of them. I was primarily interested in the stander or sentar at the time so I don't recall how much info they sent about the Velke. I'll check when I get home if I think of it and post back what I can. Their website does have a really neat video of a guy riding a Velke mower with a velke on the back. He's making some serious quick turns with that thing. Looks pretty impressive. Current prices range from $2872 for a 15/36 gear drive to $5937 for a 19/52 hydro.
  3. thebeans

thebeans LawnSite Member
    from SW, VA

OK Joe, here you go:

All these specs are for the 48" quad-lever. If you want any spec for another mower or the pistol grip let me know.

Cutting height-- 1.5-4.25

Deck-- Fabricated 7 gauge

Blades-- 3 16.5"

Blade tip speed--19000

Spindles-- 1" shaft, precision ball bearings, cast iron housings

Blade clutch-- Werner heavy duty.

Engine-- 17hp Kawasaki twin

Hydro pumps-- 10cc

Fuel capacity-- 6.4 gal

Drive tires-- 18x8.5-8

Caster tires-- 9x3.5-4

Speed-- 7.2 fwd 4.3 rev

Width-- Deflector Up (down) 49" (59")

Weight-- 585 dry

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any specific spec you need from another size or the pistol grip. All the above is from their print catalog.
  4. JFizzle

JFizzle LawnSite Member

Hey thanks a lot for the feedback and all the info.
    I actually was curious about the 32". If you have specs on that too, they would be much appreciated. I will have to request a catalog as well.
    Gees- I cant believe the weight on those things! What makes them so insanely heavy?
  5. thebeans

thebeans LawnSite Member
    from SW, VA

Here are the things I see that are different on the 32 from what I posted for the 48:

2 blades instead of 3

15 HP engine by either Kaw, Briggs, or Kohler

Recoil start only

16 inch rear tire instead of 18

6.5 forward and 3.9 reverse speed.

75" length

33.5(43.5) width

565 lbs weight.

Yea they are heavy. Got some serious beef going on there I reckon.
  6. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

i have two 48 velke mowers and a 36. compact, priced right, tough as nails, easy to maintain and very productive. you will wonder how you ever made it without one........