1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wright Velke Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowdini, Aug 19, 2003.

1. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

I saw my first Velke Mower by Wright Manufacturing. It's made by the same folks that make the Sentar and Stander. It looks interesting!!! Does anyone have any experience with this unit. It has an awkward set of travel levers but the concept is fascinating. Let me know. Thanks!!!!
  2. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I rode one at expo last yr.Mr.Wright made it look easy.I honestly hated the controls.However I will say, that was the nicest fellow at the show.--a STANDER yes,w/b no..
  3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Take a look at an H bar, if you are looking for simple, easy on the muscles WB.............
  4. I saw a Velke-Mower last spring. Looked very well built, pretty much like a Stander. It was really fast, more of a Run-Behind than a Walk-Behind. I liked the controls, but not the Velke or any sulky. The 32” seemed like a great deal for me, but since I had a 36” Stander, I decided to just drop the few accounts where I couldn’t get the 36” in the back.

Not trying to change the subject, but other than the 32” Velke-Mower, I couldn’t see buying one over a Stander.
  5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Watch The Video Its Not Bad.