Wright vs. Dane

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lil'MowinMan93, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Lil'MowinMan93

Lil'MowinMan93 LawnSite Member

Help!!!!!!:waving:Now i know there is an old thread from 2000 about whether people like the stander or surfer better. So, i was wondering what people think now. I'm looking at a 34 for sure but undecided as to which brand. Any hints?

2. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

Most people will say wright, I personally am a dane man but thats just me. You said you were in the market for a 34" deck and there a few pros and cons for each mower. The dane: Pros 19 HP kaw standard, 9 mph. Cons only a 34" deck, may not preform as well on hills. The wright Pros 36" deck, good performance on hills. Cons only 7.5 mph and 15 or 17 hp engines. My advice: take a good look at both machines and demo both. Just find which one you like better and make sure you have a good dealer. It has been said time and time again that having a good dealer is the biggest difference between mowers. Last time I checked they were both pretty similar in price. Good luck and let us know which one you choose!

3. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

i would look into that wright 42". I personally have only seen one but they will fit into backyards.

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Wright!!!, They are Awesome Mowers!!

5. Lil'MowinMan93

Yea i know about the horsepower and speed. and a 42 will not go through a couple of my sngle gates so i need a 34. im going to do some research today and find my dealers and hopefully set up demos for both.

6. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Well, I'll help you out with the Dane/Ariens/Everride side. I purchased a 34" Everride Scorpion FX in April, and I love it! Here is a link to the thread in the pics forum about it-

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=226625

You can learn about it by reading through the thread, personally, it is the best mower I've bought. Powerful, fast, excellent cut, and it bags very well with a Catcher King 3.3 side bagger. But, as said before, try out both brands and see what you like.

7. Lawn Enforcer

And another thing, the standing plate on the 34" is AMAZING! It has soooo much spring to it, it's very comfortable. After 68 hours of use, no complaints.

8. Lil'MowinMan93

Enforcer, How much did you pay for the everride cuz my dealer by me carries them instead of the surfer now.

9. Lawn Enforcer

Just under $5,000 with state taxes-worth every penny

10. stewartje

stewartje LawnSite Member

I just picked up a 61" Dane Super Surfer in the last few weeks. I moved to a new area since buying it and have already found a really good dealer and have already started building a relationship with them...the mower itself is awesome. It is comfortable to ride and has a good cut. As long as I know I can continue to get parts for it, I will have this mower for a very long time!