Wright ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawns Etc, Feb 14, 2007.

1. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Was at my dealer today and they had the mid mount ZTRon special 25HP Kawi 52" for $7200 thats a deal I rode it through their large shop and could do a wheelie with 250lb me on it, it has 16 cc hydros and a moveable rear wheels so you can center gravity with a catcher installed the book says 13 mph and from having Everride Warriors that do the same I believe it they are or at least seem to be very well built

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Can you post some pics.

3. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry I have dial up and takes 45 min per pic and didnt take any pics but did get a piece of literature on it so maybe now they have something on their site

4. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Thats a good deal...its better than the current Channel Partner discount price.

I havent heard or seen anything on here about anyone actually using one of them yet.

There are so many ZTR's out there I dunno why they didnt just stick to standers and crank them out faster and cheaper...

5. John Gamba

from ct

No nothing. But thats normal:cry:

6. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

7. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea isn't that aggrivating!

I've talked to my dealer about them. He reported a spindle problem last year but I would think its fixed by now. The machine holds hills that exmarks fell off of and has a VERY low center of gravity. I have a flyer on them. They also are light. The 60" 25hp model is 980lbs I believe. 16cc pumps and 13mph is also correct. I'll demo this spring to see how the deck performs. if all goes good... you can see it on my trailer.

I just want to know why Wright isn't pushing it. I mean they just kinda slipped it into the line-up like nothing ever happened or will happen. I'll tell you one thing... drop a 27hp kohler into her and I'll be on that faster than a fat kid on a cup cake (no offense to the larger folks).

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

...and better?

I was just venting on here the other day about the fact that they have the patents and have had a stranglehold on that corner of the market. But they have practically went NOWHERE with further development... just squandering the advantage that they have.

Instead of building an improved, more operator friendly, and more MARKETABLE stand-on... they instead chose to build a couple of "offshoots" of them... and a walkbehind... and now a sit-down ZTR.

It just don't make no damn sense to me... none at all.

Either do something with the advantage you have over the other MFG's or get out of their way!

9. John Gamba

from ct

I guess we will just wait and see

10. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Ahmen brother! I guess this is like Walker... Barely any competition so they are just ideling around. Such potential... what a waist :mad: . Envy, go get an application...