Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by leaflawnandlimb, Nov 27, 2007.

1. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

My dealer is getting out of Wrights and gave me a price list. I was thinking of a new mower this spring but if these are good prices I might consider now. Please let me know if these are a deal or not.

36" 17hp elec start stander $4840
    61" 25hp stander $6290
    36" 17hp sentar sport $5340
    48" 19hp sentar $6285
    52" 23hp sentar $7155
    48" 23hp Z $6570

I was debating between the 36 stander and 36 sentar. Is the sentar worth the extra or not?
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

yes....seat is nice and height adjustment is also very useful
  3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Doesn't sound like any crazy deal to me. Almost every mahine we own is a sentar or stander.
  4. dchd1130

dchd1130 LawnSite Member

5. KC MOW

KC MOW LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

yea those prices would not fly compared to the deals you can find at some stores on black Friday. That didn't make a lot of since. Anyway no those deals are nothing special and I have heard it is nice to have the seat. Although if it was going to be gate mower or not get used much I personally would not spend the extra money. Its all about low overhead to a point, I don't mean cutting corners at every possible opportunity, and high profits.
  6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i can tell you the sentars are junk. we had three and all of them have issues especially cause the engine is mounted to tthe floating deck which takes way too much vibration and such, plus all the dirt gets into the engine. w had to clean filter daily under normal use and this still was not enough. sentar is bad, stander is realllll goooooood.. would recomend that very much, we have three and never one issue
  7. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input, was thinking the stander anyway. Anyone ever use the 61" standers? Just curios to see how that big of a deck would do as a fixed unit?
  8. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

Love our Stander that we bought in 2005! Channel Partner pricing is the lowest of the year right now Nov-Dec. Take advantage of the highest % discount you can get on a factory fresh ride! :dancing:
  9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have one that has about 800 hours and also had some problems but things like spindles are probably same on stander. What problems did you have? We had a starter go out on 17hp Kaw, and relay, and had to put a seal in top under flywheel but al covered.
  10. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

You would think...but nope. They arent even the same on standers themselves. The small standers: 32, 36, 42 have a different shaft in them than the 48, 52, 61 because they use 2 belts instead of 1.

The sentar sports and rapid heights are a completely different spindle all together. Different housing and shaft...not sure on bearings...

And the Sentars, Z's and walk behinds I dunno about...LOL.