1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

WRIHT Standers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DSLND, Jun 18, 2008.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

I am shopping around for a new full time mower. The lesco is just the placeholder for now.

What do you guys think about Wright Standers? I'm looking at the 48" Rapid Height. The are pricey, but I think they are worth it. My dealer quted me $7500 for the 48" with grass catcher. I would like to find a used machine.

2. TwistedSister

TwistedSister LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

In my opinion, I think you should get the fixed deck stander. I dont own either (I do own a Wright :weightlifter:) but I have demoed both. The rapid height is NOT a floating deck like most people think. The fixed deck has larger wheels, more engine options, more powerful engines, a simpler design, is lighter, cheaper, and has had much fewer problems according to my dealer. I personally would like that fixed deck but if you change height that often, then the rapid height might be okay. There are always a few standers on ebay in the 48in range if your looking used. Wright mowers are a little more costly than others, but are built with the highest degree of quality. Just my two cents.
  3. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

They arent pricey when compared to buying a comparable WB with a good sulky and catcher. If you bought Exmark that set up would prolly be about the same cost.
  4. TwistedSister

from Midwest

Yeah, I was just comparing it to other standers. You can get a Exmark Viking 36 for 4800 and a wright stander 36 for 5900 here. throw on a velke and the viking is 5100 so its not too far apart. I saw a great dane surfer for 4999. It was a 52/19 which would run 7000 plus for the wright. When you compare the return on investment though, Wrights are the way to go.
  5. Morningside

Morningside LawnSite Member

I have a 36" with the rapid height and it works great.
  6. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

check your price seems high we bought a pair of 52/23hp fixed deck standers this past spring and 6300 each
  7. TwistedSister

from Midwest

Thats a heck of a deal. I think RedMAx Man paid a little over 7k for that same model. I just got the quote last week. $5,899.99 for the fixed deck 36in 17HP electric start. IDK what the 15HP model is though.
    maybe there just expensive in my area:confused:
  8. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

My dealer has these same mowers for $6800 and some change. So, both our dealers are in the ballpark. I think that $7500 seems pretty high for the 48 rh. If I were you, I'd go with a fixed 52 for a lot less. What does your dealer want for one of those?
  9. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

i just got a sentar36" for $6800 w/ catcher
  10. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I have kinda decided to go with an Exmark Turf Tracer HP with sulky instead of the Wright. I think its more versatile and a little cheaper. I dont think the cut quality of the Exmark can be matched either.