1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wrist for a mini Excavator

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by DirtMerchant, May 24, 2010.

1. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

I tried google and came up with squat. Looking for something for a 17 or 27 ZTS (deere) sized machine.

Anyone know of anyone?
  2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Try CWS they would beable to make you one yes it would be pricey but it would be well made. Next inline would be Weldco Beales and if your really desparate Ron's buddies at Accurate could also build you one.
  3. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

I know all those guys can already make me a custom whatever, but thanks.
  4. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

The keyword is tiltrotator, without it you won't find much.
    Industry Standard
    Can't remember anything about these guys but the name.
    The Scandinavians love these things. No hoses.:cool2:
    And i think these are the new guys that build them with worm drive actuators.
    I don't know much about rototilt either, but i'm pretty sure the were one of the pioneers

The man to talk to about tiltrotators would definatley be Eddiebackblade on HEF. Your a member over there too, right? He has the sweetest kuboata 8 tonner in the world, bar none. Your going to want to get joysticks with proptional rollers and few extra buttons on them. His engcon has a grab built in. He can pick up stuff up in any orentation just by turning the bucket around backwards and hitting a couple buttons. Theres atleast 5 threads full of info on the subject, which is the only reason i know anything about them.
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
  5. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Accurate plus or minus 6 inches.

Cat Rental stores always have used tilting buckets they like to get rid of.

HELAC still makes the best.

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

8. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

9. t190

t190 LawnSite Member

What is your deal DM? I read one post your thinking about getting out of the industry, another your making an offer on a 75, demoing a jcb, buying a grader, working at a gravel pit. And now your looking for a wrist for a lil deere.
    explain yourself.
    Also if 27 and 35 deeres share the same Q/C.
  10. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

I have a helac powertilt on mine and it is a very well built unit. it does add some weight that you have to take into consideration. on a larger machine it is definitly worth it though.