Writing an Estimate

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by NNJLandman, Jun 18, 2004.

1. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I just gave someone an estimate for a job to a store owner for a drainage problem. The person I gave the estimate too doesn't acctually own the store/property, but is allowed to make improvements and what not at there own cost. Yea I don't wanna get into all that I know the land lord should be paying for the work and all and thats what my question is about this, so please withhold your comments about the store owner paying for the work.

Anyway, the store owner would like an written estimate, I had given them a over the phone estimate after I had looked the job over and priced everything out. My question is in writting this estimate. Should I be very detailed and tell them exactely what each piece of material costs and the labor and other expenses. Or should I jus put a detailed job description and the price. The estimate will go to the store owner and a copy will be going to the land lord, because they are hoping that he will pay for some of the improvements. This is a drainage job. Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff

2. houston

houston LawnSite Member

Just a detailed description and the total price. :D

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -