Wrok shirts?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by qualitylawnmanagement, Jun 11, 2006.

1. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm about to have some work shirts made up. What should I put on them? My company name is Quality Lawncare & Landscape Management. What would be a good slogan to have with my company name? Thanks!

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

How about "your lawn says alot about you" or "were a cut above" or "dependable, affordable" or "We mow better" . As you can tell I'll never make a living at this. I would say "where quality is job one" but I think that's taken. What's wrong with your slogan Northern Ohio's Elite Property Maintenance Company. I thought that sounded good but maybe a bit long. I'm sure you'll get some idea's from this web site or look at others websites to get ideas.

3. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't worry about your slogan on the shirt at all.
    For a professional, uniform, even appearance, your logo on the shirt should match your truck/trailer lettering, letterhead on your estimates/proposal sheets and should be kept short as the attention span of your average person is about eight to ten seconds.
    The continuity is what will attract attention, not some catch-ism that most people would not understand unless it was something like: "all grass mowed cheap" or "cheep cheep grass cutting" or something moronically similar.
    What you are trying to avoid is attracting the customer that is only interested in costs of services, not the services themselves per se.
    Provided you target a certain segment of the demographic for the population in your area, you exclude other classes with-in the population group.
    For instance, can you really imagine a wealthy customer hiring people to mow his turf-site with a moronic slogan on their uniforms? Here, appearance of the service provider is as important as the service it's self. What drives the interest of the higher paying customer is the stability of the service, and this can be easily and dramatically re-enforced by a uniform, professional, even appearance.
    I have multiple crews who service a wide range of sites. Commercial to the highest end residentials in the area and literally everything in between. The uniforms the crews wear matches everything. The style of printing on the hat and front/rear of the shirt is the same as on the trucks/equipment. Yes, I letter my equipment where ever possible. Employee's names are on the shirts, and the crew is subject to a mandatory uniform inspection prior to starting the day to ensure adequate appearance.
    Yes, these uniforms and their maintenance costs me about $2,500/year from replacements to re-issues to new hires.
    However, when you consider that I am spending less than 0.000625% of my company's gross on uniforms and my company is still growing faster than I can keep up, something is triggering market recognition in my area. The feedback I receive from my customers indicates primary recognition from the uniformity of the uniforms, not the slogan or logo on the shirts.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't put a slogan on it. It would be to "busy".

5. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

It's not that I agree or disagree. However, I do know that having our slogan on the shirts has opened the conversation from customer many times. Ex. bank lines, grocery store, wal-mart. People do read your shirts. Dont dismiss them as dumb or stupid. We have recieved many jobs from just such times. They laugh and say that is the best slogan I have ever read. For some odd reason the older folks get a real hoot out of it. This opens the door for giving them a business card. Now if I was to just turn around and hand them a card you all know the riot act that would transpire. My logo is on truck, shirts, business cards, website. Good Luck!!

Pick a logo that your proud of and believe in and be proud to display it.

shirt 2.jpg

6. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

we use red shirts with white letter. each shirt has are name above the front pocket,biz name and phone number on the back.

7. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

WROK shirts...?????

Whatever you get on your shirt just make sure the spelling is correct:rolleyes:

8. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I would also put a design/ your logo on it.

9. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

What colored shirts are best? Do some of you guys really wear dark shirts when cutting grass?

10. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Low ball lawnService??? are you serious, this is a BIG joke RIGHT