wrong house.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Sweet Tater, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Yesturday I was running late and called my last customer of the day to let her know I was headed to her house and had nt forgot her, when se answered and I identified myself on the phone she says" I'm sorry I wasn't home when you came today":confused: I told her I hadn't been there yet but was on my way there now. So she tellsme tat some one had been there earlier and cut all the yard outside the privacy fence ( the gate in was locked).
    Her neighbor said it was 2 men with a trailor full of equipment so it must ave been another company, but they left no card, no truck markings or anything and my customer has no idea who they were
    So I cut the back yard and get paid. I think they got the wrong house.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
  2. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

maybe they will get it wrong all year
  3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

haha. you beat me to it CGA, I was thinking the same thing...
  5. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol, I bet I was the guy who cut for another LCO also.
  6. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I would track those guys down and split the $$$$$ with them for cutting the front yard.......YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!:laugh::nono::laugh:
  7. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh: NOT :laugh:
  8. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

There's a pretty nice lawn in this neighborhood I pass - got resodded last fall with nice thick fescue - got fertilized by Chemlawn this spring - the crazy people still have not mowed it. The grass is dark green, and about 8" at this point.

All I can think is that I should stop by one day on my route, and cut the front yard - just so I can take a picture of the stripes when I'm done lol. :laugh:
  9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Do it. Leave it looking great and leave a business card in the door.
  10. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

If my mistake turns into an account. I will start cutting lawns by accident more often.