1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

WTB 48" hydro mower Tri state CT

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by jaylor1, Feb 1, 2010.

1. jaylor1

jaylor1 LawnSite Member

Looking to buy a good 48" hydro mower with floating deck preferably,but would consider a fixed deck. I`m located in Connecticut and willing to travel or meet with in 200 miles. Machine doesn`t need to be "like new" condition as I`m only using it for personal use but don`t want a mower that has been put threw the ringer. My lawn is small (12Ksqft)and my 42" tractor cuts the job done but time is money!! :drinkup:

From what I have been told and been reading a floating deck is easier to adjust than a fixed deck. Is this true? This is the reason I consider the floating deck over the fixed. My lawn is very flat with not many obstacles. I`m open to all suggestions and opinions.

I`m a turf enthusiast and quality of cut is my number one concern. Thanks

2. kps2389

kps2389 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 44" Toro walkbehind floating deck hydro. I'm in Woodbury, CT. Let me know if your interested.
  3. jaylor1

jaylor1 LawnSite Member

Can you give me more information about the mower? Asking price, Hours,condition,etc. Does that machine have the "T-bar controls"
    Sorry I can not PM, I`m a "newbie". :laugh:
  4. kps2389

kps2389 LawnSite Senior Member

5. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

6. jmullins6987

jmullins6987 LawnSite Member

Have a dealer in bridgeport with new bob-cat 48" hydro w.b. For $3999 and has the new z- control handles has financing for 0% for 12 months.
  7. hornett22

hornett22 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Scag 48" fixed deck Hydro in Glastonbury CT. It's a 95 but it's clean.I got it from a home owner.I never use it.less than 500 hours.No rust dents or cracks.14hp electric start. I won't take less than $1800

floating or fixed is personal preference.I like fixed because they seem to be smoother.floaters seem to get more stress cracks over time.Again,it's all what you like

860-916-3290 if you're interested.
  8. jaylor1

jaylor1 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, I bought a Turf Tracer a few weeks back from a guy in NH.