1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

WTB 62" Toro WB deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Mar 26, 2000.

1. Northeastern/Mid atlantic contractors:<p>Does anyone have a 62&quot; Toro walkbehind deck<br>that is surplus to your needs?<p>I will also take an entire unit with a<br>blown engine bad hydros/trans etc. at the<br>right price.<p>I have a toro wb 11 hp B&S with a 44&quot; deck<br>and Toro bagging kit with low hours in perfect running condition that I could<br>trade instead of ca$h. <p>E-mail me at: larryflint@altavista.net
  2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

here's what you need, though its a 72 inch:<p>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=284602236<p>It didnt sell, maybe you can contact the owner and make a deal.<p>Bill
  3. If it runs its a deal at $2K but it weights<br>1715 lbs dry and my trailer is 65&quot; I.D.
  4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

lawrence, why dont you consider even a used ztr for like 3500. it will make your big mowing jobs like athletic feilds so much easier and faster.
  5. I mow in high gear at 5.2 mph with my present 62&quot; deck mated to a 18 hp v-twin kohler. That's a good<br>2 1/2 acres an hour. As far as going any faster the quality of cut will suffer.<br>You have to remember I am cutting the fields<br>in season at 1 1/2 inches (mostly bluegrass)<br>in one pass and there is no noticable clippings.<p>I would rather not buy someones problem mower<br>(ZTR) for I have two good 16HP kohler twin<br>traction units that can handle a 62&quot; deck.<p>Has far as being easier I have come to know<br>and love my standard sit down toro sulky or<br>I can change to a stand on turf rider in one<br>minute.<p>I don't want to spend a lot of money I just<br>want to put a machine togeather to back up<br>the 62&quot; I have in service.
  6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I dont know if others have this problem, but I find that ztr riders are very uncomfortable for me to use. I tried folding my 6-4 275 lb frame on one of them, I prefer to walk thank you.<p>Bill