WTB Dodge Ram Tailgate

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by S3Scooter, Nov 29, 2006.

1. S3Scooter

S3Scooter LawnSite Member

I have a '03 Dodge Ram, and I am looking for a tailgate. My truck is black, but beggers cant be choosers. I can get any color repainted. I believe '03 to new will fit, scratches no big deal but no dents. I got one with dents I dont want.

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

since hes looking for one i need one too for my 03 also mines silver so someone go out and find us two one black and one silver
  3. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Sorry I can't help you guys but I have a red and black two tone tail gate for a 94-02.
  4. S3Scooter

Yeah, that's the spirit!
  5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I bought an aftermarket tailgate for an older F250 from a truck & trailer store. Basically it had a tubing frame & mesh overlay. The latching mechanism had two 90* handles on each side that were spring loaded to latch it in. Worked pretty good.
  6. S3Scooter

7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Im just curious here n all but you didnt happen to back your tailgate into your trailer hitch did you?
  8. S3Scooter

No the jack on my dump trailer sits just a bit too high. When I open my gate to get out my leaf gear, if I got busy vacing leaves, and one of my guys got in the truck to pull forward, and voila! I need a new gate.

Just courious...... In the real world I work for Amtrak's, Auto Train, which comes in to Sanford, Florida everyday..... You wouldn't happen to have one, or know someone down their that has one laying around?
  9. cm82pa

cm82pa LawnSite Member

I have a buddy who deals with mostly ford parts, in fact I will be up there on Saturday, the last time I was up there he had 2 "03 tailgates. I will check them out while I'm up there and Im you guys. I know one was silver I think the other one was blue but it may have been black. they were sitting in the next to the door way in a dark room.
  10. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a perfect bumper,tail gate, and turn signals from a white 2004 Ram 1500. I turned the truck into a dovetail; but was saving these parts incase i decided to put another bed on. How much would you go for this stuff?