WTB Dump Insert within couple hour drive of Canton, OH.

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by C Jovingo Landscaping, Nov 4, 2012.

1. C Jovingo Landscaping

C Jovingo Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have been watching CL for months now & have seen used inserts going for $800-$2000. I'm now ready to purchase 1 on the low end of that price range. The lowest priced one currently on CL is $1500. Wanting to spend $800-$1000. Doesn't have to be pretty. Rust is OK but not full of big rust holes. The better the price, the further I'll drive from Canton, Oh.

I talked to a guy I know last weekend who hadn't used his insert all year & told me $800. I was busy with full time job & called him Fri with $800 in my pocket. He had put it on CL Wed for $900 & sold it Thurs. Wish he would have got ahold of me to see if I still wanted it. I thought I was gonna have dump insert this weekend for cleanups.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

Gonna be tough to find one that low $$$, but good luck. I've been looking for one for one too. Have you tried Terry's to see if he knows anyone?

3. C Jovingo Landscaping

Terry's?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Greyst1

Terry's Truck & Trailer, he is a Truck Craft dealer in Canton.

5. C Jovingo Landscaping

K thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

If you're gonna buy a dump insert, save up and by an aluminum dump from truck craft. Their like 5 grand brand new but they last a lot longer then those steel inserts.

7. Greyst1

Yea thats the only kind i would buy.

8. C Jovingo Landscaping

I would love a new aluminum but I am part time for 3 seasons now & tryin to set myself up for full time next season. Just lookin for something better than layering tarps in my bed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Build sides on your trailer then put a railroad tie at the front of your trailer. attach a chain to each side and run em the length of your trailer. load the trailer then back into a tree and tie the two chains around the tree and pull forword. need a picture?

10. tammguzm

tammguzm LawnSite Member

he is a Truck Craft dealer in Canton.