1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

WTB exmark 32 WB

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by flamed69, May 26, 2008.

1. flamed69

flamed69 LawnSite Member

I am looking for a 32" walkbehind. I haven't ever used walkbehinds. I have picked up a few picky customers with large lawns. Are walkbehinds pretty easy to use? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Safari Lawn

Safari Lawn LawnSite Member

I picked up a used 32" Metro last year for $1300. The guy claimed it only had 50 hrs on it but without an hour meter how do you really know? I like it and it is the first commercial machine I have ever had. I added a single wheel velke and it really helps out. It is very easy to use and gets into some pretty tight spaces. I am actually in the market now for a used rider with a 40" or 42" deck so that I can still get through my residential gates. The Metro will become my back-up. I think you will like it if you can get one that has been maintained. Mine starts on the first or second pull EVERY time!! Good luck!! :)

3. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

4. lil_cote_93

lil_cote_93 LawnSite Member
    from ON

i picked up a 32 metro 07 last year... 2k... well worth it. there strong machines

5. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Started with a new 32 Metro in 2004. Still use it for a couple gated lawns my 34 phazer will not pass thru. imho it is almost bulletproof. Have just done periodic maintenance per the manual, no problems.

It was a little difficult to learn to control it, and didn't have it out of 2nd gear for a week or two. Once you have it though, it's easy.

But I'm biased toward eXmark. Now there are other 32's like Quik.