WTB hydroseeder

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Concept, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Concept

Concept LawnSite Member

I am looking for a hydroseed that is in the 500 gal capacity range. MAybe a little bigger or smaller

2. Deer Dynamics

Deer Dynamics LawnSite Member

are you looking to buy a jet or mech sprayer?

3. Concept

Concept LawnSite Member

i think i am open to either or

4. Deer Dynamics

as you will find in these forums everyone has their opinions on all machines available ........so here is mine,lol. I use a turboturf 500 gallon jet ...i love the ease of cleaning and the simplicity of the sum of its parts....does it have weaknesses , of course...... I can't spray 100% wood mulch, I have to stop on occasion to "stir" the tank if i am shooting at a slow rate [i am getting ready to add a second pump to remidy this issue though....but all in all - -with the second pump, hose reels, and a converted 23 foot boat trailer that I have modified with the HS on over the axles, water pump for filling and a job box on the back and an 8foot by 8 foot deck on the front for material, I am still way under the cost of a decent size mech sprayer....but as i stated, I know my limits and i live with in them with this unit ............hope this helpful, Al

5. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I happen to have one laying around. It is from an old lawncare company of mine, runs fine, pretty big steel unit, around 650 gallons I think, has mechanical and pump agitation, big gas wisconsin/robin engine , needs some paint. I'll try to get some pic's of it in the next few days, email me if you are interested, I'll figure out a price. thanks dave g

6. Deer Dynamics

Concept, This unit Mr. Gretzmier has for sale sounds like an awsome starter machine {only because it's a used machine not at "new price" not because of what it is,lol} I'll watch the posts...if your not interested i might be ....good luck, Al

7. Concept

Concept LawnSite Member

Dave I am interested in the hydroseeder. where abouts are you located. Please do post some pics

Greg

8. David Gretzmier

I've got it stored at a buddy's lawncare place, I called him today and I wil meet him tomorrow, hopefully, and take some pics. I am located in the northwest arkansas area, specifically fayetteville, arkansas. I don't know which state you are from, I think IA is either Indiana or Iowa, not horribly far, but not close either. I'll keep you posted. thanks, dave g

9. David Gretzmier

Took a look at the unit yesterday, camera wouldn't take pics, card was empty, just couldn't figure it out. I will borrow a camera or something soon. It has a a 40 horse wisconsin 4 cylinder engine that runs great. It is a "victor" Bowie hydro mulcher that will do paper or wood mulch, it looks like a 500 gallon unit. It is solid steel, tandem axle rig, with a positive displacement bowie pump. It has the controls on top of the rig to engage the pump and agitation. It has mechanical and pump agitation. you could pull this rig with a newer 1/2 ton truck empty, but I'd consider a 3/4 ton or 1 ton full of water for jobs. It has a 2 and 5/16 bulldog hitch I think. You can easily take a full bale of mulch and stomp it between the grates on the loader on top. It has the turret, but someone has made off with the gun, you'll need to buy one of those. we used the rollup trash pump discharge hose, it has about 100 ft of that. It is electric start, but the engine does not have an alternator, so the battery gets removed and hooked up to a charger when your done for the day. that battery is missing, but I'll let you borrow one for testing. some rust spots on the trailer itself, but none on tank, so no leaks. will have nice new green paint when I'm done. I May put new trailer lights on , I have not tested those. hope this info is helpful, I will land on a price when I post pics, right now I'm thinking around 3800 bucks. dave g

10. neighborstree

neighborstree LawnSite Member

i hve a finn 600 gallon. beautiful condition. with electris hose real and all. all the options. runs, looks and operates 100%