Lawn Care Forum banner

WTB: Isuzu spray truck (retired trugreen truck)

24K views 78 replies 15 participants last post by  bmulvey 
#1 ·
Looking to buy an Isuzu NPR spray truck. Must have the spray components, but I understand that repairs may need to be made. Willing to travel for the right vehicle (price).
Thanks

#28 ·
#31 ·
WestGaPineStraw,

Thank you for your help in looking for the Isuzu NPR's. I really appreciate it!
I am looking at a truck in Tennesee. The guy said that everything is intact but the pumps are not working. He just sent me pics and I am clueless as to what I am looking at! It is obviously a pump but it appears to have a hose reel type motor on it. Any insights? I thought that these were all PTO driven?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Asphalt Electrical wiring

Cylinder Gas Asphalt Motor vehicle Machine

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Toy Automotive exterior

#32 ·
That one looks electic. You can take it apart and redo the seals on the inside. I think there are 3 piston like seals and 3 o-rings. The red cap on top hold the oil. They need to be burped. I worked for TruGreen for 5 yrs and have done lots of those pumps! The blue elctric side and the main pump body come apart and that is where the seals are. Check the oil and the seals. The electic motor part of it might be bad.

Pretty easy once you get into it....

#33 ·
WestGaPineStraw,

Thank you for your help in looking for the Isuzu NPR's. I really appreciate it!
I am looking at a truck in Tennesee. The guy said that everything is intact but the pumps are not working. He just sent me pics and I am clueless as to what I am looking at! It is obviously a pump but it appears to have a hose reel type motor on it. Any insights? I thought that these were all PTO driven?
That's a hydracell M03 pump, it's mounted next to hose reel and runs the 35 gallon tank. It's used for the injection system, they run dual hose on both reels, 3/8" and 1/4".
Posted via Mobile Device

#37 ·
I keep looking. I saw the one in NC and it was sold the day before I called. I guess right now a lot of people are looking for a spray truck. I really don't care if its an old TG truck or what, I just need a dedicated spray truck. Heck, I have 4 spray rigs. 300, 200, 100, and 50 gallon. Just need a truck (isuzu) with a body to put them on.

The TG trucks would be the best, though. Every single one I found was missing the pumps. I see them sometimes at local lots.

Where can I get the pumps. If I knew, I could probably find a truck in a week or two.

#43 ·
That's a hydracell M03 pump, it's mounted next to hose reel and runs the 35 gallon tank. It's used for the injection system, they run dual hose on both reels, 3/8" and 1/4".
Posted via Mobile Device
Well, we just purchased one. Nice truck - 2004. Everything is operational except for this pump (which I posted pictures of earlier). We are having a hell of a time getting the motor off of the pump... Any suggestions?

#44 ·
Well, we just purchased one. Nice truck - 2004. Everything is operational except for this pump (which I posted pictures of earlier). We are having a hell of a time getting the motor off of the pump... Any suggestions?
Motor probably won't come off. They have them for sale on eBay. Your truck have the big pumps on it too?
Posted via Mobile Device

#45 ·
Motor probably won't come off. They have them for sale on eBay. Your truck have the big pumps on it too?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes. The pumps to the 200 & 350 gallon tanks are functioning. We put water in the tanks and tested this morning. The pump that is not functioning is not too big of a deal right now. I eventually want to get it to work or get a new one.

#48 ·
I can get you one for $300 eBay sells them for about the same. Great job on getting a functioning one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks! Drove all the way to Chattanooga Tennessee & back for this bad boy! May take you up on the pump. We are going to replace all of the hoses 1st. Buff out the TG logo & get it decaled, then focus on the pump.

#50 ·
One solenoid for each pump. That allows the high amperage motors to be run by low amperage reel switch buttons. The key would disconnect the power to the solenoids I would assume.
Posted via Mobile Device
Your right, hose reel solenoid. Your missing the disconnect plug, it's the bottom part in that picture. I would just jump the wires. The reels probably do not roll up at this point.
Posted via Mobile Device

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.