WTB - John Deer Commercial ZTR with MOD

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Jlawnmow, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Jlawnmow

Jlawnmow LawnSite Member

Does any one have a 54" or 60" john deer Commercial ZTR with MOD that they would want to sell??? Would like it to have under 500 hours but isn't a must. Am willing to drive to pick up.

2. dutchacres

dutchacres LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Z830A with a 60" MOD. It is a 08 and has around 600 hours. Has always had oil changed every 100 hours and all maintenance done as it is recommended by Deere. It is a great unit I just am down sizing and have another MOD don't need two riders. Let me know if your interested and I can send you some pics or my phone number and we can talk.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Jlawnmow

Jlawnmow LawnSite Member

I would love to see pics and how much do you want for it?

4. dutchacres

Sent you a PM. Just get back with me and we will go from there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

second that :cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

6. dutchacres

Guys here are the pics of the 08 Deere 60 MOD mower I have for sale. Has around 650 hours I believe. I am asking $6,000 for it. It is in great shape. Has the Deere stripping kit and hitch also. Anymore questions let me know.

Z830A.jpg

Z830A2.jpg

Z830A3.jpg

Z830A4.jpg

Z830A.jpg

Z830A2.jpg

Z830A3.jpg

Z830A4.jpg

7. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

Any one have an explanation as to why the front wheels are set the way they are?
    Instead of inline with the drive tires both are off center.

At 650 hours olmod how was the reliability and/or problems for you?

I've hear that a guy should stay away from all of the 800 series.

8. dutchacres

As far as reliability goes I didnt have any real issues. I had some deck bolts break before Deere came out with a upgrade for them and several throttle cables. All in all they were reliable machines for me. They biggest complaint people have with the 800 series is how the handle. They are jerky and not smooth what so ever. After running them for any time this becomes less of a issue as you become used to how it runs. I wouldn't be to afraid of them myself but if I had the choice over a 800 vs 900 series I would go with the 900 hands down. They did upgrade some of the baffles on the 900 MOD models and I believe they cut a lot better than the 800 MOD I had.

9. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

I believe it is for stability.

10. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

Interesting.

After doing some more reading here on LS I fully plan on holding out for a 900 series.

My next question is for those that have ran both the EFI Kawi and the carbed Kawi....... is the fuel savings enough better to only go with the EFI?

Kohler claims their EFI model gets 30% better than the carb units..... I can't say that its that much but I can say that it is noticeable! I haven't ran both side by side to back up the 30% claim. Just that my perception is the EFI is better on fuel.