1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Kawasaki FH680V Carb & canister air cleaner

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by bls47303, May 25, 2012.

1. bls47303

bls47303 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Looking for a canister air cleaner and carb that goes with it for a Kawasaki FH680V 23 hp engine. Looked into buying a new air cleaner and brackets etc to convert from the original air cleaner and was told by the dealer that the carb would have to be changed also due to the canister filter being more restrictive.

2. bls47303

bls47303 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

bump to the top

3. A1A Services

A1A Services LawnSite Member

I'm looking for the same set up.
    I am kinda of surprised that no one has responded to the post.

4. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

i have what you guys need make an offer carb is in perfect working order.

5. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

I added the canister typer air cleaner a few yrs back, unless they have changed , all you had to do was change the jets , they come with the kit from kawi

6. Dave

from RI

what is the spec number of your motor

7. stankers

stankers LawnSite Member

Dave, is there a part number for the kit you're talking about? Where did you buy it from and how much? Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Dave

from RI

I ama kawi dealer , plus my wife mows lawns, I will need your engine numbers from the white tag on the blower housing , i will give you the part numbers you need, some of the specs I do believe you need a new carb but not most

9. stankers

stankers LawnSite Member

Fh601v-as21. I already did the 19-25hpbig upgrade if that makes any difference. Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. mike@hillcrest

mike@hillcrest LawnSite Member

Hey Guys, I have a Ferris 1000Z with the FH680V 23hp Kawasaki. Are you changing the air filter for a particular reason? I have had ongoing carb issues that I cannot seem to put my finger on. Maybe this is the solution? Thanks.