WTB Lawns FT. Worth, TX & Denton County

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JDavisTexas, May 29, 2004.

1. JDavisTexas

JDavisTexas LawnSite Member
    from DFW

I am interested in buying some lawns in the Fort Worth, TX Metro and/or Denton County area. Anyone interested please contact me by e-mail at jdavistexas@aol.com. I will provide phone number afterwards and we can set a meeting.Thanks for your interest.
    Jim

2. Top Notch

Top Notch LawnSite Member

Just be patient.

As soon as the temp hits 100 or so, your phone will start ringing. Every year, I get calls from folks complaining of disappearing lawn guys when it gets real hot.

3. JDavisTexas

from DFW

Thanks for the reply. I am just getting anxious. Business is starting to pick up. I am just ready to do more. Would like to be at 15-20 yards a day. Would purchase some commercial to fill that in faster.

4. thapco4

thapco4 LawnSite Member

how many you got on your crew? here in Keller, we're doing good to get in more than about 15 with a 3 man crew. if you're looking to get 20 per day in this area you're gonna be hating yourself in august unless you have 5 people on a crew.

5. JDavisTexas

from DFW

Right now I am solo. I will add personnel as the business comes in. A guy can do 8-10 average size residetial yards a day solo, with the right equipment. It's not how many you have, it's what you do with them.

6. thapco4

thapco4 LawnSite Member

I agree with the 8-10 (our area) actually more like 10-13. However I think you will find that getting 20 yards in a day is tough unless they are packed right next to each other.

7. JDavisTexas

from DFW

I spent about eight years in route sales development with a tire supply company. It is all about planning, But I have to pick up the business close enough together. Right now it's not to bad, I don't have any days where my customers are over ten minutes apart. I have one day where I go to Ft. Worth for a couple, but they are family/ friends so I don't mind. I am going to try to fill that day with just Ft. Worth business.