wtb skid steer

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by gmcplowtruck, Feb 25, 2007.

1. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck LawnSite Member

i would like to buy a skid steer with a lift capacity of 1500 # or more under 10,000 dollars would be my first machine and i would prefer it be close but will travel a little bit

2. neighborstree

neighborstree LawnSite Member

any brand in mind?

3. gmcplowtruck

any iall considered like i said will be my first machine i was thinking maybe new holland or john deere but i went and looked at a mustang the other day with t bar steering i liked it but all considered

4. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

you can get a nice mustang for 6-8 grand just look around!!

5. neighborstree

nice to see ur only 21. im only 23. check around .your best bet is go to a local auction. theres a bunch in our area. well pa in general. go to a sale with 10,000 cash, i gaurentee youll come home with a nice loader. mabey 2, lol..buy one for you, one to make some $$ on buy it for 5000 shine it up and sell it for 10000

6. gmcplowtruck

ive been to a few auctions around if i would of had 10,000 with me i would have bought a 2001 jd 240 for 10,000 that auction is on even months only though and usually have 20 skidloaders

7. neighborstree

yea thats your best bet. theres a bunch cuming up due to spring comeing,. if you have any intrest in going hit me up. ill give u some details

8. gmcplowtruck

where is the auction your talking about do they go for 5000 what shape and hour would that kind be

9. neighborstree

theres mcgrew auction is seven valls pa. they go cheap there.

10. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Traderonline.com you will find tons in your area.