1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Stump Grinder in Central Indiana or within a drive

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Littletruck, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Littletruck

Littletruck LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I need a stumper for mid sized to larger stumps. I am in Indy and am willing to drive within reason.

Thanks!
    Alex

2. shibby575

shibby575 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

i have a crary bearcat stump grinder, it's not super industrial, but it gets the job done wonderfully for not having to do it every day. if interested pm me with your phone number. I live in ft. wayne.

3. Littletruck

from Indiana

Thanks, but I was thinking more along the lines of a Vermeer 252 or a 1625 Super Jr. Rayco. Or a well used tow behind unit. I already have an Alpine Magnum that makes short work of most stumps under 24", I just need something for the 30"+ stumps.

4. JJS

JJS LawnSite Senior Member

ive got a vermeer 630a if your willing to take a trip to connecticut

5. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Check AutoRV.com, I recently saw a Vermeer 252 there. I have dealt with Alexander Equip in Lisle, Illinois too, great people, great used equipment . www.alexequip.com

6. Littletruck

from Indiana

A bit far, but thanks!

7. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't get a vermeer 252, I picked up a new carlton sp4012 a few weeks ago and it makes the vermeer look like a toy. Much heavier machine, bigger thicker grinding wheel, hydro steering and on and on. The price was the same as the 252 so for the money I wouldn't get a vermeer definiety not the 3 wheeled one those are a nightmare to steer. If your looking to do bigger stumps and you really want a vermeer go with the 352 much better machine then the 252.

8. Littletruck

from Indiana

So far I am landed on a RG1625 Super Junior with 200 hours on it from the original owner. I would think it is big enough for these 30" to 40" stumps I get. It is a 4 wheeled unit.