1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Trailer Ramp Gate

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by andyreed, Mar 19, 2011.

1. andyreed

andyreed LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I am looking to buy a 6' wide trailer ramp gate. I currently have 2 single ramps that need replacing. This may be a long shot but hopefully someone has an extra one laying around. I would prefer it to be in the Western Iowa or Eastern Nebraska area.

2. bls47303

bls47303 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

your best bet would be to go to a local welding shop and have one made to fit your trailer.

3. andyreed

andyreed LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Thanks, that is what I am going to do Monday. I was hoping that I could get off easy. A local welding shop would be the best route though.

4. maroon23

maroon23 LawnSite Member

I have one I'd consider selling & I'm just over in Des Moines. It'd be off a year-old 6' x 10' Sure-Trac. It came with a 5' wide side ramp also & thought it'd be convenient to have two gates. Turned out to be overkill, so just for the sake of shedding the weight before the season starts & I'm draggin' it around for 10-12 hrs a day, I had been thinking about going back to the dealer & trying to swap it out for some aluminum single ramps they carry - in case I need some in a pinch. I have a feeling it wouldn't be an even swap though, so cash for them would work just as well (or I can email you a PayPal invoice if you want to use a credit card).

If you're interested give me a buzz at 515-864-9765. Darren.

5. andyreed

andyreed LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

That would work, but I talked to a guy today that is willing to build one for me at a pretty good price. Thanks for the option though.

6. maroon23

maroon23 LawnSite Member

You bet. Made to fit is definitely the better route.