WTB Used Dingo 420 Rollers

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by rick427, Dec 25, 2007.

1. rick427

rick427 LawnSite Member

If anyone has a few still usable Dingo 420 track rollers lying around, I might be interested in buying them. About three or four of mine have flats worn on them and rough bearings.

Thanks - Richard

edit - you can't post an email address at the site. Thanks, Mike

[​IMG]

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Just curious if you've priced out new rollers from your dealer. Sometimes buying used parts means you'll be doing the same job again in the near future, might as well get it done right this time while you have the machine torn apart. Just my .02

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

You can't rebuild the bearings and get the running surfaces rebuilt?

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I think new they are $30-40 a piece including the bearings.

5. rick427

rick427 LawnSite Member

Sorry, Mike, didn't know about not posting e-mail addresses.

Since both tracks are good and most rollers are still in usable shape, I just intend to deal with the few bad rollers at present. Some future time when I need new tracks I'll replace all the rollers with new.

I totally agree with you, Scag48, about always doing any major job RIGHT, but this is more like ongoing maintenance. Rather than buy a few new rollers, I had hoped someone might have done a Dingo roller change themselves and had some old usable rollers lying around with life still left.

Don't think so, Bobcat Ron. Material is a hard, dense synthetic. If it were steel, I'd be tempted to build them up with weld the way crawler rollers are rebuilt. Hey, are you assisting Joey turn beer into an endangered species in the Great White North? (I know K-of-O through the Antique Cat bulletin board).

That's about what I guessed, Lawnworks - will be calling the dealer tomorrow.

By the way, you Dingo owners might want to check your drive sprockets whenever you have a track off. I wasn't expecting any problems, but found two missing drive spacer bolts on the inside of the RH sprocket plus three loose bolts.

Thanks for helping out a newbie Dingo owner.

- Richard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]