1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

WTB Velocity Walk behind deck

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by kwwolfe, Dec 23, 2013.

1. kwwolfe

kwwolfe LawnSite Senior Member

Possibly looking for a walk behind velocity deck. I don't really need the rest of the machine. Just from the deck forward. I was thinking about cross breading it with a turf tracer drive end and controls.

Not looking to spend a lot, but thought it would make for a good project for me and my son as well as a good thread here if I could actually get it to work.

Would also consider a machine with running engine as I don't have one right now. Let me know what you have. Thanks

2. banjoman

banjoman LawnSite Member

Man I hope you find one. I would love to see that, you would have the ultimate WB!
  3. kwwolfe

That would be the goal. It would be a fixed deck version to start as I think the cross bread would be easiest. The next step would be to see if I could create a floating deck version. That would be really cool.
  4. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Subscribed.... I am a Scagenstein owner... Not a cross bread though.... You know, the new Scag controls are pretty nifty.... Granted, the swzt does not come with a velocity...... yet.......
  5. kwwolfe

Now if only I can find a deck.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. kwwolfe

Well I sold the exmark parts machine however I still have a spare ecs control tower minus the operater presence part. So this won't be as easy as it would just putting the two halves together. I wouldn't mind seeing if I could find a working walk behind still. I could try and simply retro fit the controls on to it.
    Posted via Mobile Device