1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Velocity Walk behind deck

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by kwwolfe, Dec 23, 2013.

1. kwwolfe

kwwolfe LawnSite Senior Member

Possibly looking for a walk behind velocity deck. I don't really need the rest of the machine. Just from the deck forward. I was thinking about cross breading it with a turf tracer drive end and controls.

Not looking to spend a lot, but thought it would make for a good project for me and my son as well as a good thread here if I could actually get it to work.

Would also consider a machine with running engine as I don't have one right now. Let me know what you have. Thanks

Kevin

2. banjoman

banjoman LawnSite Member

Man I hope you find one. I would love to see that, you would have the ultimate WB!

3. kwwolfe

That would be the goal. It would be a fixed deck version to start as I think the cross bread would be easiest. The next step would be to see if I could create a floating deck version. That would be really cool.

4. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Subscribed.... I am a Scagenstein owner... Not a cross bread though.... You know, the new Scag controls are pretty nifty.... Granted, the swzt does not come with a velocity...... yet.......

5. kwwolfe

Now if only I can find a deck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. kwwolfe

Well I sold the exmark parts machine however I still have a spare ecs control tower minus the operater presence part. So this won't be as easy as it would just putting the two halves together. I wouldn't mind seeing if I could find a working walk behind still. I could try and simply retro fit the controls on to it.
    Posted via Mobile Device