1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Wtf

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Landscape Poet, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Which one of you hacks did this?

canaryisland.jpg

2. FlemingIslandLawnService

FlemingIslandLawnService LawnSite Member

what the? i can't even tell what that is... what is that? the picture is kinda blurry but excuses aside it's still hard to tell after that hack job

3. Landscape Poet

That is a canary island palm trimmed to look like essentially a ligustrum. I am thinking the ligustrum would of been a much cheaper install if that is the look they were going for.

4. RoyalTree

RoyalTree LawnSite Member

That is a canary huh? Picture is kinda blurry but doesnt look like a canary. In the phoenix family.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. That's not a canary
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Landscape Poet

Explain - I refer to them as canary! What is this then? Either way - more expensive than a ligustrum

7. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it looks good, but we don't really have any palm tree's here.

8. Its in the phoenix genus but not canariensis...I can't remember the species....
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Landscape Poet

OK, I call them all canary's if that helps explain. I am not that well verse to telly you all that like you as I am just a simple lawn turd. I see a apple tree and call it a apple tree...you know what I am saying :)

10. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Hmmm, kinda funny, I seen a jeep pulling a trailer pull up to carve that pineapple.