Wtf?$$

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toy2, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ran an ad in the paper for my services, have received a couple of calls from that. Open up the paper to make sure the ad is still there......its there, right under me is a ad that reads "Budget mowing, $15.00 to mow" WTF is this??

I hate when someone can't call others LCO and see what the normal going rate is and go off of that figure. $15.00 just blows me away!!!

Do you folks have the same thing going on in your areas? :realmad:

2. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay, called this number to find out WTF, guys answers and I tell him how much to mow 3/4 of an acre?

His answer: $25.00 using your mower, $35.00 if I have to use mine???

I'm losing it!!!

3. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

anyone who is willing to go for a service like that deserves them, you don't want a customer who is always looking for the lowest price. we have had that up here, but they never last. :cry: :cry:

4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Who cares...its competition. Last time I checked their is no LCO price regulaton. Sell your work not your price!

5. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

ROFLMAO !!!!!! :cool2: I cant stop laughing to type this

I have to remember that one Xdollars w/your mower .. Xdollars if I use mine.

6. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer LawnSite Member
    from mtka,MN

It's just a teaser to get people to call, than he raises the rate. The $15 per ow is probably for a postage stamp lawn using hoeowners equipement

7. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

its the same thing as the car ads. new truck loaded $ 10,000 only to find out they only have one at that price and with $4000 down dont worry your phone will ring once everybody gets hip to the bull ssssstttttt

8. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

You should have asked (as a concerned homeowner of course) if anything got broken, if he has insurance to cover it.. or if he is using your mower (which would probably be higher quality than his from the sound of it) and he gets hurt or something.. who will be responsible.

Then change your ad in the paper to include the words "fully insured" (but only if you are).

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would put in your ad now, "fully insured, and we use our own equipment, not yours"

10. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Welcome to another spring season in Texas where you can find any poor guy that will do any kind of work for $15.