WUUUT! Shhhhhh happens

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, May 20, 2007.

1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow...Ive had my Everride Hornet a week...and I love it! Cuts great for the weeds and lovely Bahia grass we have here in North Kakalaki....BUT...my front tire is flat!! Cant seem to find a puncture hole...I guess I could try some fix a flat...hell Ive never had this problem before. I guess its common?

2. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

use some SLIME and never get a flat again. Fix a flat is one time only.

3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

He's right on there, WJW. I had mine "slimed" the last time I had a new set installed and not only do they not puncture, I rarely have to even add air.:)

4. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

A gallon of Slime is $22.50 at Wal Mart (if you choose to shop there).

Tractor Supply has it for $25.

I had one Scag tire done at a dealer and paid $13.50. I got to take it back the next day and had them redo it after it leaked. He said he wasn't sure, but maybe his pump was just pumping "air" instead of slime. :rolleyes:
    He tried to sell me a tube before it got ugly and he redid it.

Buy Slime and do it yourself. Even if you overdo it and use a gallon per machine, you still come out ahead.

A

5. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

thanks, due to lawn site i'm 3yrs into the lawn biz and have knowledge that = a 10= yr veteran.

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Check around the bead. Sometimes stuff gets lodged in there and causes leaks. If this is the case, you need to break the bead and clean between tire and rim then re-seat the tire on the rim. Then slime it.

7. TN Property Services

TN Property Services LawnSite Member

I don't have any experience with SLIME, but I have been looking at flat frees to replace my front 2o tires on my Warrior. Would the slime be a solution and definitely cheaper option?

8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Yes, I would say that it would definitely be a cheaper alternative. I had a problem with one of my front tires losing air. I could not find the leak. I put Slime in it, and not a problem since.

9. TN Property Services

TN Property Services LawnSite Member

What I wanted to know.
    Thanks Grits

10. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

use a type of slime here also and tyre plugs, if cant find leak id say you have 7-8-9 small ones that slime will help you. Put in in tub of water