Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mikefromny, Jan 31, 2007.

1. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

so i decided to use old debts dot com , i have about 4 accounts , still owing money , so i will let you guys know if this thing is worth it or not and if i even get money from any of the 4 ..anyone already use this method ? let me know
  2. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

I use them, their very effective. I did have a client ignore them once, but when she tried purchasing something I got a phone call it was pretty funny. "Uh, Mr. O'Donnell can you clear our name so we can have a life again". Sure, you pay I clear, they paid!!
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Dont they do what you can do yourself with a certified letter and a small claims filing?
  4. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in the finalization stages of a free service that my other company will be offering to help collect old debts and update contractors on debtors. Here is the link, but it is not operable quite yet.http://www.clientscreen.com

If you would like your debts posted immediately after the database is complete just PM me the details and I will upload them and email you confirmation.
  5. daveyo

from N.J.

Lawnman, they can put deadbeats on the three major credit reports, we can't.
  6. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

What do they charge to have deadbeats listed or is it a free service?
  7. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Can they really cause a client any grief without a SSN?
  8. daveyo

from N.J.

they do not need ss#, Ithink I paid 45 check the website
  9. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

search on here you will find a lot of information. OldDebts.com gets brought up a couple times a year.

Anyway, They have several different services. I take advantage of the service where you pay a set fee of somewhere between $20-40 (dont remember) and they will send 4 letters to your client. Most people will pay in response to these very well written and threatening letters. If you pay more you can get more information for yourself such as credit report and some other stuff.

IF your client doesnt pay then you can continue to pursue the debt and OldDebts will take the standard 1/3 of whatever is collected. I think they credit your original fee of $20-40 toward the third they take.

I have had great results using this service. It takes me longer to write about it on here than to actually file. I would never take MY time to make a small claims case when i can spend $30+/- and not have to worry about it again.
  10. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

Their is a website like that already featured on lawnsite. http://www.clientcheck.net/