www.skidsteersmackdown.com Round #2

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by G ZMAN, May 13, 2008.

1. G ZMAN

G ZMAN LawnSite Member

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Screw you Deere!
  3. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

dam you ron dam you to hell!
  4. bobcat_ron

I would gladly pay a real professional $1000 for a real "skid steer smack down", not this biased BS that Deere puts out every 2 years.

Screw you Deere!

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

You are welcome to come down and go on demo side by side with compitition with next time and you can be the operator for free. Im just wondering, Why do you hate Deere so bad?
  6. bobcat_ron

(1) I can never see the tires when backing around walls that have re-bar sticking out, or in some cases, gate hinges
    (2) the cab is too short, very little head room
    (3) not enough protection on the underside of the belly pan
    (4) the loaders hit the ceiling before the bucket does (very, very bad)
    (5) very poor angle of departure (you need longer ramps or the rear digs in)
    (6) their roll up doors are a joke (Takeuchi has the right idea)
    (7) foot pedals are too small for big feet (I never liked that)
    (8) the loader needs to be raised to do major servicing (what if there is a major hydraulic leak and you can't raise the loader?)
    (9) their hydraulic Quick Attach is cheap and expensive to repair/replace
    (10) Pilot controls should have been an option already a year ago, even Volvo had the option 2 years ago.
    (11) lots more grease fittings to grease.
    (12) the 2 speed option on the 322/332 CTL's will kill drive motors fast!

These are just the ones that I know off the top of my head, if I spent a whole day on a Deere CTL, I'm sure I can find some more.
  7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Do they still have the seat belt instead of the seat bar? John Deere has some good stuff but for the skid, still has a long ways to go.
  8. bobcat_ron

They use a lap belt, they have integrated arm rests, that's one of the other things I was trying to remember, being a man of "questionable" girth, I remember how hard it was to fasten the seat belt of a Deere 328 and having it tighten up every damn bump I hit. I never wear my seat belt in my Cat unless I am going up and down hills and I need the extra restraint.

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

I can understand if you dislike, but some of the trash talk is sort of questionable. There are a lot of Deere owners here that express their dislikes with Cat , but never have I heard words like screw Cat. I thought this was a forum for informing people about diffrent needs and brands, not bashing each other. This is as bad as Alabama and Auburn football fans LOL
  10. bobcat_ron

Like I have always said, what works for one person......................sure as hell doesn't work for me.

the people that have switched to Deere probably miss some things with their former machine names, I myself miss the tie down points and larger front window from my previous Bobcat T190, but that's all I miss. I'm sure if I ever made the switch to Deere (if in some parallel universe controlled by super telekinetic monkey type race) I would miss some things from my Cat, but that won't happen.
    I am extremely pleased with the performance of my Cat and it always gets the job done, if I had the Deere, the items I listed would really drive me nuts.