X-aircraft industry workers controller.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by sheshovel, May 21, 2007.

1. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this homeowner installed controller.
    KaPOWW!

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

2. sheshovel

I guess those are his manual control toggles.

3. Remote Pigtails

Remote Pigtails LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like it. Added a lock to keep people from running it. I'd like to know the story behind this. All and all besides the orbit timer not a bad looking set up. I've see toggles added on several timers by HO but never to this extent.

4. sheshovel

There is no real story, it was installed by a real old guy who used to work in aviation mechanics. He proudly showed it to me.
    I thought it was pretty cool.
    He only has three valves that I know of. All drip, no sprays.
    The controller has a keyed lock as well. I thought it was a bit of overkill for just a mobile home system.
    He no longer lives there. Real nice man.

5. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

IGNITION>>>>Go for Launch:laugh:

cool stuff, ty for sharing it

6. Remote Pigtails

The more I study it I think the toggle switch set up was the original on/off and the timer was added later. He could flip on several zones at once. I find myself liking this set up.

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Houston, we have a problem.

8. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Orbit could never market it though. Too complicated... almost have to be... an aerospace mechanic to understand it. Wonder if his wife was the remote?:laugh:

9. Mr. Vern

Mr. Vern LawnSite Senior Member

Ok Remote Pigtails, maybe you can tell me why so many people are so critical of the Orbit timers. I have seen countless disparaging remarks about them, but not one person has given me the reason for their dislike. I would love to hear some objective feedback on them.

10. Remote Pigtails

Actually that timer if I remember right was one of the first timers that had an independent 24vac for hooking up a wireless sensor. As far as Orbit timers go that is probably their best one. BUT my criticism (and I suspect most criticism) of Orbit is due to their lousy popups and that the word orbit on any part of the system means a nonprofessional has been involved.