X-Factor Deck QOC?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtmower, May 3, 2012.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I found that the stens blades had over a 1/4" less lift. My guess is that was the reason but it is interesting your decks are different yet both 60"!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

This is what my 160 deck looks like

[​IMG]

This is what the 460 deck looks like

[​IMG]

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

It looks to me like all they did was slightly taper the front of the left side to aid in inside corner trimming. There's obviously a space between the front skirt and the actual baffle where no cuttting takes place, so they brought it in like they did to alllow you to get the front/left cutting edge of the left blade as close as possible to cut down on trimming that would need to be done otherwise with a trimmer.

Also, to go along with what I just said, take a look at the left front caster arms. They've also brought the new 400 arm in somewhat compared to the older unit, which alos aids with inside corner trimming.

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

That could be. I am going to change the blades this weekend and will see if the baffling is the same or not.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Take some pictures under the deck. Don't think there are any posted on Gravely's site or on here. Curious to their baffle arrangement.

6. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Have a few here on post #16.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=379728

Let me know if there is something you'd like to see in more detail.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

So, just a straight across front baffle. No L brackets or curves to it?

I assume that towards the discharge it opens up as the baffle meets the skirt at the discharge.

I was looking for a full bottom view like I've see on other decks. I think it was Mickhippy that transposed a few decks into one to show the similarities.

8. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes. No Ls or curves and the baffle does open up as it meets the skirt at the discharge opening.

Yea. Micks a genius. Ought to be in computer programing or something instead of mowing lawns.

9. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

they do have pictures of under the deck but you have to look at the deck options from the main page and click x factor
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Are you talking about this picture?

[​IMG]

This looks to be the older version. Is it really that long, or is this like a 48" deck or something? Seems like the picture is stretched?

Is the front baffle angled that abruptly directly behind the front anti-scalp wheels?