X-Factor Deck QOC?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtmower, May 3, 2012.

1. Dylan's Lawn Care

Dylan's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

What are you guys paying for the new 460? I have a opportunity to get a demo 460 with 29hp efi for 8,900 maybe less because that is what they are asking.

I was going to get a scag this fall but i can get this and the bagger for the price of a scag. Thanks

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

You would be foolish not to jump on that deal. The list on it is 12000
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Dylan's Lawn Care

I just called them and he said it has 23hr on it and it is his last unit that they have. I put a $100 down over the phone so he would hold it till Monday afternoon.

Do you have any experience with the bagger?

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't but gmlc has the bag for his.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Dylan's Lawn Care

Do you have experience with the mulch kit?

How is it preforming in northern grass?

6. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Can anyone elaborate on the process of servicing the ZT5400s.

What did you use for a jack point?

Where are the drain plugs mentioned in the owners manuals?

Any other tips?

7. mtmower

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  8. mtmower

Ok. So if you have the optional hitch and have drilled it out to accept a conventional ball shank this makes a good jack point and seems to handle the lift stress with ease keeping things out of the way.

Warm up system, remove your rear wheels, remove the park brake springs (I used a small needle nose vise grips for this), get a large diameter drain pan so it catches the oil leaving the filter housing (and run off from the frame) and also can catch the oil draining from the drain plug at the same time, (the drain plug I deducted is the only bolt (7/16") on the bottom of the pump which is not painted), remove the oil filter cap and allow to drain, loosen resivoir cap to aid in draining, remove bottom drain bolt and allow system to completely drain, remove filter with small hook or wire by pulling straight out, moisten new oil filter seals, replace o-ring on filter cap with supplied, reinstall filter and oil filter cap, reinstall drain plug (I guess using the original o-ring), torque to spec., fill at reservoir with 20w-50 engine oil of choice (Amsoil) without opening optional fill vent, and bleed per manual.

Hope this helps.

On another note. Sticker on pump says assembled in USA. Oil filter cap and filters have stamped made in China stamped on them. Who'd a thought.

9. watsmi57

watsmi57 LawnSite Senior Member

you should service the hydros at 75 hours and at every 400 hours thereafter. per the manual. my manual also did not say specifically to use a synthetic. I called Gravely and they said high quality synthetic oil only in the hydros. They wouldn't recommend a specific brand but my dealer said they use mobil 1 in them.

10. mtmower

edit
    edit