X Mark/Member Help with TT MRSP

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by The Yard Barber, Dec 20, 2004.

1. The Yard Barber

The Yard Barber LawnSite Member

I am looking at picking up a TT 60" with the Kohler 23hp and the bagger. A dealer I just
    spoke with said the TT is going for $5,779.00, the deck is sold seperately at $1,999.00 and
    the bagger is $299.00. I have dug around in here (I found a post as recently as October) and
    the MSRP was near $7k COMPLETE! . What is up with the price variance? Something doesn't appear right here. Almost $1k in not right! I have cash (no financing) and want the most bang for my money. Any insight from the members here is sincerely welcome. I am on the left coast but will travel if I can save some dough. Thanks for all the help.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Yard,

Thanks for the post. The retail price is set by each independant dealer. The price your dealer quoted you may be completely accurate. Send me the name of your dealer to terry.ecker@exmark.con and I'll verify his pricing for you.

Thanks

Terry

3. The Yard Barber

The Yard Barber LawnSite Member

Hey Terry,

I have sent you several email and they keep getting kicked back. I noticed
    after the first that you had typed "con" instead of .com. The dealer is R.C. Engines in Reno.
    Thanks.

4. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

msrp of $7800 is what I was told locally on the same machine.

best price offer I've got (with the cash in my hand, at the dealership) was $7K.....nothing thrown in to sweeten the deal, I still pay taxes, etc...I'll just buy another yellow mower.

I know they are awesome machines, but not paying $7K plus tax for one. That's over $1K higher than what all the other premium walk behinds sell for locally. Whether the price is a result of my dealer being too high, or something coming further back down the line being too high, a MSRP of $7800 on a walk behind is getting very carried away.

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Guys,

The TT23/60 has a msrp of $6899. Keep in mind that this is the same UltraCut deck that has made the Lazer Z what it is today. It is arguably the most stable high production wide area mower on slopes available. You get the same power and production of a rider in a package that may be more maneuverable in confined areas and will hold a hill better.

I don't know of another 60" walk behind on the market with the Exmark flow control baffle, 18,500 fpm blade tip speed and 5.5" depth. Add to that a super tough front and rear frame, ECS controls, parking brake, almost no maintenance (virtually all lubrication points are annual), canister air filter, electric start, electric clutch, clean out ports on the engine (makes cleaning the cooling fins much easier) the ability to much, bag or side discharge and a choice of 5 different blades to taylor the mower to your particular application. Throw in this machines excellent reputation for durability and it really is lot of mower for the money but like all products it has its applications.

Thanks

Terry

6. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

i'm in no way disputing how awesome of a machine the TT is. If I didn't feel it was a great machine I wouldn't have been pricing one.

For some reason my local dealer says msrp on them is 7800 and won't come below 7K on one for me, so something is out of whack somewhere through the line to my dealer. With the msrp that you say the unit has, I definitely wouldn't pay more than msrp to purchase the machine no matter how awesome it is. That's simply a dealer being outrageous, and I won't support dealers like that. They have to make a living I know, but selling above msrp is pretty ridiculous. I'd almost guarantee that none of us pay above msrp on anything, be it trucks, equipment, etc.

A second, dealer (further away than I'd prefer to buy from) quoted me $6700, which is a small, small amount below your stated msrp, but driving over an hour to buy for $100 below msrp.....nope, not doing it.

Most people on this site consider the TT and Hustler's SWB to be the two best commercial walks available, and I can get the 54" SWB (a numerically more productive machine) for almost $2K less than the TT, which is puzzling to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking anyone here, just saying that something is out of whack somewhere along the line if my dealer is coming up with that high of a price on the TT's, and the "not so local" dealer having almost as high of a price.

You might want to check through the distributors for the NW Arkansas area and see if something is wrong in the pricing or what-not, as I'm just guessing at what the scenario might be. At any rate both dealers stated that msrp is $7800, and that is much higher than the msrp that they should have, according to your numbers.

Thanks for the time, hopefully something can be straightened out.

--Shane