x-mas gifts from suppliers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wissel_landscaping, Dec 22, 2005.

1. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

any of you guys get any gifts from your suppliers?

today the lesco guys stopped and gave me a gift basket
    the mulch supplier stopped and gave me a thank you card and basket
    even the walker dealer who i havnt done much business with lately gave me a real nice walker jacket www.walker-ware.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=5981 (i dont even own a walker anymore but i do take equipment there for repairs)
    and my salt supplier dropped off a nice clipbored with a calculator and some chocolates.
    just wondering if any of you guys get any gifts from suppliers.

2. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

nup, not a damn thing.....then, even when I buy new stuff they give buggerall, tight-asses around here lol.

not a card, not anything.....

3. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I have received some cases of beer and a sweatshirt, and have attended a few Christmas parties.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Christmas parties, wine, and fruit/cheese baskets.

5. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

we received lots of gift certificates and a couple baskets. We actually bought Harry and David baskets and Royal Riviera Pears for our couple of suppliers too since they help us so much during the season

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We get more from our suppliers and dealers than from our clients..lol Actually, we get nothing from our clients at Christmas, but as long as I get a re-sign in January, it's all the same to me. Our rental / repair shop sent us a coupon for a free rental, got several calendars, clipboards, coffee mugs, etc.Merry Christmas to everyone at LS!:waving:

7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I didn't get anything from my suppliers except a card from my bank...and they have more money then anyone.The customers are the one's that I really care about.I would rather receive something from them,then I know that we are appreciated more for our work then just spending money in one store.If the customer is happy then I'm happy.