X-Mas surprise!!!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Big C, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Bumblebee the mower

Bumblebee the mower LawnSite Member

I have seen the literature on them, but what do you do about a dealer if the things goes down? And its still under warranty?
  2. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

This was my first year and I also started off using a quick 36 samarai. They are good mowers.
  3. jaybow

from Mi

How Do you like the step-saver

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on the account ...but on most I love having the option to use it.
  5. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

i started with a lawn chief that i paid 200 for and a bagger that i made that looked like a rabbit cage.
  6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 36 Sami (or a new 32) as my first wb...sounds like a helluva mower!!

Any advantages/disadvantages to a 3 (12") blade setup vs a 2 (16") blade setup with regard to mulching? Seems like the blade tip speed would inherently be higher with the longer blades...is this a big deal, or just hype?

Does the aluminum bagger look heavy duty enough? What if it needs a repair...can't weld aluminum?
    Which of the accessories are worth getting?

7. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

For sure the step-saver (velke) and I got my choice of gator blades, mulch kit or an engine service kit free, I chose the gator mulching blades.....i am still waiting to get it, due to x-mas delays with shipping, it will ship on 12/26.
  8. jaybow

from Mi

The bagger is fine I used it all summer.The company that makes these baggers does a great job with the welds.
  9. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Advantages allows the mower to be a bit smaller and save some trailer space.
    As far as mulching there is not a true mulching kit for the quick series mower but I haven't noticed any difference when I was using a friends 36" toro besides a trail on the right side.

I ran the bagger into a tree and it just bounced off. The welds on that thing are beautiful but I don have experience with welding aluminum or whatever you do to it.

If I were you I would get the landscaper pro pack. I just got some extra blades a few belts and the mulch kit with my super duty. When I look back I should have got it all at I time and save some $ on shipping.

I use the step-saver on all open areas and property's bigger that 1/4 acre. It saves your energy big time. I notices a saving of 10-15 minutes on 1/2 t0 1/3 acre property's

If I were you I would get the sam. If you have any more questions just ask.
  10. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Could you make that bagger double as a leaf plow? Just kidding.:laugh: