1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

X- ONE Machine

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by electronics2667, Aug 10, 2012.

1. electronics2667

electronics2667 LawnSite Member

PJ Have you had any comments on the X-ONE machine either good or bad, I am think about buying 2 of them since Huslter don't make the 54 in deck in the Super Z anymore.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There are a few posts here on LS about them, I hear from dealers and end users also, all posts are positive other than the ones when the wife is complaining her husband spends to much time playing with the new toy / mower.... lol...
    Seriously though, the comments are good, people like the size, the compactness of the unit, its lighter footprint compared to the new Super Z and of course they like the smaller price tag.
    The VX4 deck is the same as the Super Z and performs great in the grasses your cutting down in Florida.

3. jelgan

jelgan LawnSite Member

Get one --you'll love it! I can't find the first negative on mine.
  4. Bob MacGregor

Bob MacGregor LawnSite Member

Recently took delivery of a new X-ONE with a 60" rear discharge deck and a FX730 Kawasaki. This machine is used in an old cemetery and replaced a 1993Excel 260K. Some of you may be familiar with a 260K and although a ZTR it is old design. The new X-ONE is one great machine, more fuel efficient, and has already reduced the mowing time. The cemetery usually takes 2 full days to mow and now down to 1 1/2 days. The quality of the cut is much better than we expected. The Kawasaki is one sweet running engine.
    I did the first engine oil/filter change and checked the machine over and found no problems. At the request of the operator, I did tighten the deck springs some to reduce the effort to raise the deck.
    I like the maintenance schedule and there will be 50 hours on this machine soon and I will replace the hydraulic oil filter at that time.
    Great machine and I highly recommend the X-ONE!!! :usflag:
  5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Great to hear!
  6. jwt

jwt LawnSite Member

I can vouch for the X-1 being a tough machine. My son-in-law; ex military ex tank driver borrowed mine to mow their new lot. there was a pile of rocks at the back; He jumped the mower on top of them and they dissapeared in a cloud of white dust. Of course, the blades doubled in thickness. I replaced the blades, gave him a lesson in proper mowing procedures and the mower works as new.