1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

X-One oil filter

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by rwreuter, May 10, 2012.

1. rwreuter

rwreuter LawnSite Member

please correct me if i am wrong.....

i have scoured every piece of literature that came with the mower and the PDF file you gave me and i could not locate where it said what type of oil filter to use. i looked and looked, even in the kawasaki engine manual that came with it.

first, what is the correct filter number; second did this really get missed in the manuals, all of the manuals?
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Kawasaki part #s you need is as follows
    FX 730 engine - 49065-7007
    FX 850 engine - 49065-7010

I use the Kawasaki parts look up on their website > http://www.kawpowr.com/engines/
  3. rwreuter

rwreuter LawnSite Member

copy that.......but why wasn't that in the owners manual....and a part number doesn't tell me the oil filter number....rather it limits me to purchasing the kawasaki filter.

i found the correct filter, that is a match to the kawasaki filter.....WIX 57035

regardless of how all of this sounds i love the Hustler mower brand and would never think of purchasing anything else.