X plan Ford

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by newtostone, Jun 2, 2008.

1. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Well the hunt is on, I have a 6.0 F350 right now and we need to add another truck. I went out looking at a few the other day and once i got my price i heard someone in the distance (at another desk mention an x plan) . I was wondering if anyone had one they could pass on or any tips to get the best price. Aslo a little info on how that works would be great. Thanks all in advance

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Try a search there used to be a guy here that had them available.

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

you can get more off without xplan.

4. newtostone

from NY

Well just cheking then numbers then, how does 43k sound for a super cab F550 xlt cab. I have been keeping my eyes open for some used ones but, everytime i think so myself so why are they selling it. Most of the time its not to just buy a new truck, and i dont want and cant afford to not have a truck working. So i am loooking new, I also took a look at the new dodge 5500 which is a serious truck, looks very well built but i fear the price about 50 for the quad cab (all of these are 4x4 & diesel) feel free to place your input.

5. CAT MAN

CAT MAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

my friend that has a construction company has a dodge 5500 with the 6.7 and loves it, he just ordered a f450 pickup and he likes that more but they both have amazzing power

6. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

X plan, and the GM and Dodge equivalent (can't remember the names right now) generally don't include high dollar sports cars (GT40, 'vette, Viper) and commercial (4500, 5500, Sprinter, etc etc) the times I've used them. I bought a Chevy and a new Dodge with them, but it's been several years, they may have changed it in the last 4 years.

7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

what is xplan? my dealer had told me x plan is msrp - rebates ca nsomeone inform me?

8. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

It should be invoice minus a little, minus rebates. It's not as low as Ford employee price, but it's under invoice. Plus the rebates still count. Participation is voluntary on the dealers part however, and you know how car salesmen will lie. I think Ford actually has a calculator on their site to figure out how much it should be costing you. MSRP minus rebates is no deal at all, if your dealer won't budge on it shop somewhere else.

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

how do i know what the invoice price is? thats not the one on the big window sticker is it?

10. newtostone

from NY

Hey Cat Man, any reasons why your friend likes the F450 over the dodge? I would love to hear why. Maybe theres something that he has run into while operating which would be great to know.