X2 Velke and Jungle Wheels

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by advantage landscapes, Feb 14, 2008.

1. advantage landscapes

advantage landscapes LawnSite Member

Looking at the x2 velke and thinking about purchasing one.... Does anybody have one? What can you tell me about it? Looking at the 2 wheel version only....

I looked at the jungle wheels too (I think that's what it's called), but I don't think they look as good. If you have them and you like them let me know though, it would be very helpful.

Any brand I haven't mentioned that is popular among you guys?

The x2 I am looking at is $270 total.

2. advantage landscapes

bump,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

3. Sunstate Lawn

Sunstate Lawn LawnSite Member

I have a single wheel velke for my 36 and a 2 wheel for my 50. They both work well for me, and I weigh about 220. My guys complain that the velke on the 50 makes it dificult to manuver, and they usually remove it when not doing long, flat runs.

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

If you use the Vekie X2 you will feel like Chubby Checker because you will be doing the twist all day long.

5. Sunstate Lawn

Sunstate Lawn LawnSite Member

That's true!:laugh: I wonder if you have to dance so much on a jungle wheel!

6. mowinginva

mowinginva LawnSite Senior Member

What about the proslide xt? We use that and love it. I've never use a wheeled sulky, but I would think it's a lot smoother ride, the proslide I mean. They're expensive - we found a great deal on one on ebay.

7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I have 2 sets of Jungle Wheels. My advice is make sure you keep anything you decide to get greased well. The bushings/bearings will wear out and a rebuild kit is recommended to have on hand. Tony

PS I use them on hydro wb's, it just takes a little thought. If you're REALLY GOOD, you can use a single wheel type that swivels under itself but, be careful because it's a good way to get your feet and legs caught up.

8. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

I use a Velke x2. I have used quite a few different types of ride behind equipment and have found that to be the best. I think they're easy to use once your accustomed to them. My best advice is don't get a cheap imitation, I promise you'll regret it.

9. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

I really didn't like my velky X2- I thought it was an over priced pile of junk. I like the swivel wheel sulky- no twisting- back up all day long without a problem- check out heavenerent.com under mower sulky and you can get one shipped to your door for cheaper if you buy scratched and dent (199)or regular (240)

10. advantage landscapes

Haha all this and no real winner at all...... still looking I guess