Xmark,Toro,Hustler ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walker1, Jun 22, 2005.

1. walker1

walker1 LawnSite Member

I need an unbiased opinion from someone other than a dealer for the purchase of a rough cut mower. I presently own a walker 42'' cut with 21hp kubota. I'm expanding my business and am in need of a mid-mount rough cut mower. The dealers around her mainly deal in Toro, Xmark Grasshopper, Hustler, Kubota and walker. Toro, Xmark and walker neing the predominants in the industry. I'm interested in price, maintenance costs and lifespan of the mower. Everytime I do something to my walker it costs a fortune for replacement parts. Any help that ya'll could give would be greatly appreciated. Lunch is over so back to work I go.
  2. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Get a Hustler SUPER Z
  3. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

For fast & furious big Z, Hustler super Z with 27 koh, it can travel around 13-14mph on concrete and mowing @ 10mph easily. Of the 3 you list, they cut very close in terms of quality but Hustler take over on speed issue. I know this cause my competitor is using on his accounts and, boy, Super Z rocks.
  4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I would talk to the dealers and see which one would give you the best support after the sale. I think all are good mowers but dealers make the difference.
  5. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Now your talking....... That is half of the reason you purchase the mower.