XMark Viking

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MR Services, Jan 12, 2006.

1. MR Services

MR Services LawnSite Member

Does anyone know anything about the Hydro Stat EXmark viking 32" mower. I just bought one from a guy and the tracking is all messed up. I'm fairly sure that when you change speeds the tracking shouldn't pull in any direction, but it does. If you can help me fix this please let me know. Thanks.:mad:

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Knob on the right, Next to and above tire. Turn to adjust tracking

If that does not bring it in than you need to adj. linkage

3. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Does it turn left or right? If the knob does not do the trick, you need to use 2 wrenches to adjust two nuts, loosing up it will help turn more on left, tightening up it will increase right turn.
    In all, when mower is not engaged in any speed, it should sit at neutral without movement.
    And if the knob does not, then you have to adjust both left and right linkages, it happens mostly on older machine that previous owners don't give a damn cut only. It is part of preventive maintenace adjusting those linkage every six month.

4. MR Services

Thanks a lot. If i adjust the knob at one speed to make it go straight then all the other speeds it goes to the left. When it sits in neutral it turns to the left unless the handle brake is on. The ass I got it from had it five years and never once changed the oil or filter, so he blew the motor. He got a new one put on and until I started working with him before I bought him out he hadn't changed the oil on the new engine for a year.

5. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Work the knob first, turning clockwise, and if this does not solve, you have to do linkages both side, but try adjust the right side first. Remember tightening up will hold mower, loosening up will let it go faster, you have to balance both sides. And, last, again, when in neutral, it has to sit still....still...no play!

6. MR Services

Thanks I'll let you know if that does the trick. Also I have an eXmark Metro but its trashed should i get another one?