1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Xmas bonus part 2

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dennis, Dec 5, 2000.

1. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

I have no employees so no help with 1st post....but on the flip side, how many of you recv. a bonus from your lawn customers??? By % of cust. I think is best understanding.
    I recv. from about 20% of my cust. base avg.
  2. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

In the past I have recieved some gifts and bonuses from a few customers. Although they were usually from the last clean-ups. On several occassions I got a card from customers that I finished in November.
    I have also recieved gifts from some of my customers when my wife gave birth to our son and daughter.
    I guess it really depends on how personal you are with your customer. I find that my residential customers especially little old ladies love to chat about thier family and yours.
  3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe 1/3 my customers give me a gift for my kids. Heck, by Christmas the kids dont even care if Santa came or not!
  4. This is the time of the year that I like the most. 99% of my accounts don't have any real work to do. That's a bonus to me.

As to a monetary or gift side, about 20% of my clients give me a small monetary bonus ($5 to $25). I have one client that always gives both my dad and I $250 a piece. Otherwise, about 15% give me a bottle of wine or brandy.
    Forget the wine; Give me a small bottle of Seagram’s VO. Just kidding. I appreciate any gift.