xmas cards, who sends em?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jbturf, Dec 3, 2007.

1. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

ive always sent them to the majority of my customers every year,
    though i have been cheaping out thru the years. im at the point of
    using bargain basement cards, with my business name just printed inside
    with a generic blurb. thougn i do usually insert a coupon of some sort,
    good for lawn serivce the following season.

i really dread spending the time and money doing the cards,
    i wonder if any customers even apreciate it, or if most just
    trash the cards as they arrive. any thoughts?

either way, i do appreciate their business, and will likely
    continue to do it - as a token of such

2. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I send out cards to steady customers and any customers that spent any real money with me. I don't put anything related to business anywhere on the card. I just hand-write a short note saying it was a pleasure working for them and to have a happy holiday. That way it has a personal touch and I would think it is really appreciated. I know it means something to me when I get a nice card from someone I spent money with.

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we have sent them out on a large scale basis since 2000. everycard is hand addressed and hand signed by crew leaders. we get lots of good talk bout these from customers.

4. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

This is possibly one of the best things one can do to demonstrate appreciation for client(s).
    I go a step further, for families with children I enclose enough movie passes for the whole family, and for just the couples - they get at least two vehicle detail certificates from the local full service car wash.
    I have agreements with the local multiplex cinema as well as the car wash so I save about 60% off of the retail value of these "freebies".
    Given what these people pay to afford my company, reciprocating with a nice thank you isn't to much to ask.

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I send out Christmas cards to all my customers. I just sign my name in the card, but I also send a little magnetic calendar with my business card at the top.

Almost every customers house that I have been in has my calendar/business card on their frigerator. So I not only send them a very nice Christmas card, but get them a small gift...which can also a great marketing tool.

If they have friends over and they see my business card, or if the homeowner needs something all they have to do is look at their fridge!

6. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I send out cards to all with a $1 bill in each one

7. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Been doing it for eleven years. Great PR.

Switched to Thanksgiving cards five years ago, thinking it was more appropriate.

We mail renewals out on Dec. 1 and I think it helps.