Xp Diesel Price?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by GreenMachine102, Jan 19, 2006.

1. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

What is the MSRP for a 2006 lazer xp with a 60 inch deck and the 3 cylinder kubota diesel engine?

2. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

HELLO? Anyone out there????

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I was told that the new XS with the 25 HP Kubota and a 66" deck would be nearly $13,000. So for the 60" deck probably a few hundred less I would think.

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

$12,699.........

5. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

Why did you go to a 25hp diesel? I own a 27hp diahatsu and it seems way underpowered with a mulch kit on the 60" version. It has been that way since day 1, it now has 1450hrs on it. I have last years 31hp briggs with the 72" deck and talk about power - it is impressive. I am adding a 35hp briggs with the 72" deck soon as grass gets to growing. I would not mind having another diesel, but 25 just don't seem adequete for a 72". I know the briggs is a beast, it is the stoutest mower I have ever owned. The 31hp version does not even know that 72" deck is down there.

6. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello mslawn,
    The 25 hp kubota diesel was selected for a few reasons. The Kubota name is tied to productivity and durability. Kubota is known to be conservative on their horsepower rating and through testing it was equal to the 27 hp Diahatsu. The 25 hp Kubota diesel engine is compact and fit our existing Lazer framework with little adjustment, so we were able to meet our winter production run timetable.
    We do recognize the desire for a higher horsepower diesel engine, that is why we need and study your opinions and comments. Which leads me to the following question.
    What diesel engine horsepower range and at what price range would you be interested in a Diesel Lazer Z?
    Thanks Brian

7. jtkplc

I think the 28 HP Kubota diesel would be sufficient. Price, under $14,000.

I also think you should put a smaller Kubota diesel engine on your Lazer Z and Z HP lines. I think a Lazer HP 56" deck with a 22 HP Kubota diesel would be sweet.

8. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

I agree. It would be nice to have one with about 30-35hp on the 72" deck for about that price.

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

You better hurry the heck up! This year will be the year I upgrade. Your choice on a 25hp Kubota ruled out Exmark as far as diesel ZTR's go for me.

Lets see...
    SCAG = 31hp
    John Deere = 31hp
    Hustler = 34hp
    AND
    eXmark = 25hp

Whats wrong with this picture!?

I would suggest something in the 31-35hp range (Yanmar or Kubota)

Keep it low and compact, and keep it under 1650lbs

Make sure it travels at LEAST 12mph, and at least half of that speed in reverse.

Maybe look into shaft drive or hydraulic drive for the deck PTO?

Still don't know why you didn't just keep with the Diahatsu and use the 31hp Turbo version.

HURRY IT UP THOUGH!!!! Your competition is passing you!

10. jtkplc

yeah, good point...