XR-7 vs. Triton Deck.

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Grassman08, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Grassman08

Grassman08 LawnSite Member

We are currentlty researching mowers and have a very simple qyestion. Is the XR-7 deck better or the Triton Deck? We are looking at things such as quality of cut,mostly. We currently own an Exmark, but we like what we see in the Hustler Super Z's.

:usflag:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

This is like the age old Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge wars...
    All are good, its just which one feels best to you.
    I think you will find the XR-7 to cut as good or better than the Triton.
    Both had issues 2 years ago, but they are both going into their 3rd season of mowing, the kinks were worked out, the XR-7 cuts great.
    You really need to demo the XR-7 and experience it in person.
    E-mail me if you need me to set a demo up for you.

Pj

3. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Lets put it like this.....if the Triton is so good, why do they still offer the Ultra Cut Deck?

If the Triton was so much better, don't you think the Ultra Cut would have gone away? THis year X is offering more options with the Ultra Cut than last year.

hmmmmn

4. Grassman08

Good Point, Point Taken. I have another question: Do the blades, whether the Fusion, OEM, or aftermarket, have any difference in the quality of cut with the XR-7 deck. Just looking for an honest answer.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The stock Fusion blades work best from all my experience with them and in the areas I work (Ohio being one of them).

Pj

6. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

The Flat Style, Fusion Blades will give you the best cut out here, too. The Wavy Style blades seem to offer the best cut when mulching.

Demo, demo, demo...then make a decision.

7. Grassman08

Thanks guys, I can't wait to demo in June when we the opportunity to buy. We are a 32 acre Museum/campus.